If you are losing hair with more than 100 hair strands daily then it is an alarming stage of hair loss. The problem of hair loss is a serious concern and a major devastating situation as it affects ones’ looks and personality. The opting of hair restoration surgery is not just good, but also a solid option to achieve the original hair back with full of caliber, color, and texture. It is 100% a natural process via the cosmetic procedure that gives aesthetic outcomes in terms of implantation of original hair roots into the affected bald area of the scalp. The procedure of hair transplantation involves the hair roots, shifting from the donor location to the recipient area of the scalp, which is affected by the baldness. The procedure is regarded as one of the typical cosmetic surgery that caters both the surgical as well as the artistic jobs and that’s why it needs an extreme precision, artistic skills, and knowledge to perform it with the greatest effect of the aesthetic touch and balance.
The hair transplant cost is a dynamic factor that is decided by a number of factors involved in it such as a state of hair loss, the grade of baldness, used a number of grafts, and the practiced technique, and the last, but not least is the location of the clinic.
It is important to know about side effects associated with the hair restoration procedure to get a clarification against doubt and confusions as follows:
- Pain: Pain is associated with the procedure, whether the technique is FUT or FUE to some extent. As a matter of fact, the feeling of pain is just limited to the extraction of hair roots and the remaining part of the surgery is free from any kind of hassle or discomfort. The Surgeon uses the dose of local anesthesia to reduce the effect of pain and the pain management in the procedure has a special concern in the surgery that makes them as easier as a regular part of the surgical procedure. So, don’t worry about pain, it is a common part of the surgery and takes it easy.
- Infection: It is needed to recommend a short course of antibiotics after the restoration procedure as the incision associated with the procedure can cause a risk of wound and swelling that must be treated properly at the right time. If the performing Surgeon is an expert in the same field and has very well facilities of the hygienic and safety concern, the chances of infections are very less, nonetheless, the dose of antibiotics is recommended after the procedure.
- Swelling: It is very common to receive swelling after the procedure, mainly in the front areas around the eyes for a few days that go spontaneously. So, it is not a serious concern and can be taken as normal as the other surgical effect. If the swelling doesn’t go within 5-6 days, it is recommended to consult with your Surgeon.
- Hair Shedding: The hair shedding at the very first phase of hair regrowth after transplantation is very common and can be noticed anywhere between 1-5 weeks that is a part of the growth transition phase. It is a common phenomenon and after a few months, a patient can be assured about the regrowth of hair that lasted forever.
- Scarring: The scarring after the procedure is not common because it occurs due to the improper management of the surgery. It is mandatory to apply the advanced closing technique, named as a Trichophytic closure that gives negligible scars effect as it follows the overlapping pattern for closing the edges of the incision.
On the whole, we can say that the procedure of hair transplantation is only a permanent solution to pattern hair loss and safe and infection-free that must perform by the expert plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon.